Wire Processing, Process Monitoring
Piezo Force Sensors
- Piezo force ring sensors are dynamic in-line/direct measurement sensors that provide a high resolution output for compression or tension monitoring applications.
- Selection of a Piezo force ring is determined primarily on the force range of the application and is supplied calibrated to a specific force range.
- Sensors are quartz crystal based providing a high level of stability and accuracy.
- A built in signal conditioning electronic circuit facilitates the sensor output signal that can be transmitted over long cable distances with standard coax cable in the factory environment with little degradation.
- These sensors are mechanically integrated into the press ram or base plate for in-line sensing of the force during the cycle
- The physical size of the Piezo force ring increases with the force range of the application.